At UnderactiveThryoid.net™ we’ve had the unique experience of trying out many different thyroid supplements. We also hear from our website visitors each and every day about different thyroid remedies and supplements they have tried (with mixed results). These include many that make extraordinary claims, as well as some that are little known in the crowded supplement market. What we’ve discovered is that ultimately for a thyroid supplement to be effective, it must do the following:
- Assist the thyroid gland in creating more thyroid hormone, instead of providing a temporary relief via stimulants like caffeine or sugar.
- Include 100% active ingredients that are proven to help recover from hypothyroidism.
- Be prepared in a way that doesn’t expose the supplement to chemicals, toxins and pesticides (you’d be surprised!).
- Have a proven track record for helping people improve thyroid function, which is such a critical component of healthily living.
- Supports a balanced endocrine system. This mean the supplement must aid and not negatively impact the other members of your endocrine system such as the pituitary or adrenal glands.
Some supplements measure pretty well against these standards, while others don’t even come close. As you read our reviews, it will become clear to you which supplements are worth your time, and which ones are a complete waste of time and money. As always, as you try out supplements, be sure to submit a review so that others can benefit from your experience as well.